Sunday, August 19, 2018

Thank you for your support! Future plans for new games!

Pixie Panic Garden Shy

Pixie shows her shy side.

I guess what Pixie means is that she is very thankful that she was able to save her garden due to your help! She is grateful but also kinda shy, so that's her way of expressing her gratitude I guess!

Be sure to read more, because in this post I'll detail my current plans for the future when it comes to creating games!


First I wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported me and my game. Initially, since I'm an amateur game dev and artist, I had set myself to very realistic expectations when it came to the game's success. But at this point in time I'm happy to say that the current success blew those expectations many times over! I can't express enough how much I appreciate everyone who supported me with their hard earned money, and also everyone who spreads the word about the game in forums and other platforms.

Because of that support, I'm now very motivated to continue creating bigger and better games! I could only muster this motivation because of the support I received, so remember that: there is power when you interact with creators of content that you enjoy, and it is clear that you have now shaped my future in game making!

With that said, now let's get to business! I have received a lot of questions and inquires about my plans for the future and whatnot, so I'll describe my immediate plans and answer some other common questions.

Q: Are you going to continue making hentai games?
Yes! This is still only a hobby, but now it is a hobby that I want to get serious and give it more time and effort. So yes, and that means more games!

Q: Are going to add more content to Pixie Panic Garden?
No. I consider PPG now a complete small indie game, so 1.2 is the final version. It has a decent game loop and all the content I originally planed to create and even some extra, so I'm satisfied with it and I'm going to move forward with new projects.

Q: Are you ever going to make a PPG 2?
Yes! I absolutely want to create a sequel with more content! New enemies, more levels and skills, more fun! I actually have a document with notes and a list of  things that I want to add in a sequel and other things that I will fix and do differently. That said the next game I'll create is not going to be PPG 2. For my next project I want to do something different, so PPG 2 will be for a future project.

Q: Do you make art/pixel sprite commissions? Are you going to have a patreon?
I'm not sure. I want to improve my skills as an artist first, but I understand that some people already enjoy my little style of pixel art and want custom characters. Also, I really like the idea of having people participating in development of my future games, and suggesting/voting on custom characters and stuff to put in the game, so a patreon would be good for that. I'm giving those things some consideration, and when I have a better idea of what to do I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Q: What are your current plans? What is your next project going to be about?
I have a lot of game ideas, so at this point in time I'm taking the time to sort them out and decide on which one I want to pursue, so I'm brainstorming them. Also, I'm practicing my art skills and drawing some characters and whatnot. This helps not only improve my skills, but also give new ideas for games by drawing different characters. And lastly I will download the newest version of Unity and start playing with it, since the version I used for making PPG is almost 2 years old now and Unity evolved quite a lot when it comes to support for 2D game creation.

So to summarize:
  1. I will take some time to improve my skills and learn the new Unity version, as mentioned in the previous answer (I'll be regularly posting progress on those in the blog).
  2. Decide on the game idea (I have so many ideas, so many cool games to make!) and start designing it and developing it. I will also be posting progress updates here.
  3. Create a simple prototype of said game, with basic gameplay.
I guess that my main goal now is to create this game prototype/demo. One big mistake I did when developing PPG was to make the whole game without any outside feedback. Now I want to have some very early versions and let supporters help me shape the game!

I hope I was able answer most questions about Mega Blue Ball future. If you have other questions or feedback, please feel free to post it here (posting can be done anonymously if you wish). Also, please let me know if you have any suggestions or other comments.

See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. It's cool that you feel so great about how the game turned out. It's always a nice feeling. As for questions, I don't really have any at the moment. But until I do, congrats on the game and I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. つまりあなたはゲームを一つ完成させたのですね!
    おめでとう!素晴らしい!
    私はやっと最新バージョンをプレイできました
    エロシーンもアクションシーンも、ここまで楽しんだエロゲームは久しぶりです
    本当にありがとう!良いゲームが完成したことを嬉しく思います!

    ReplyDelete