Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Pixie Panic Garden release status

Hello!

Just a minor update regarding the status of the game's release:

The itch.io page is set-up and ready to go. This is the english uncensored version.

With dlsite, we are in the "back and forth" stage via e-mails. From the last e-mails they sent me, I get the feeling that they are in the final stages of reviewing the game, so hopefully I get a positive reply soon enough to be able to release simultaneously this week. But if something comes up with dlsite, as I mentioned before I'll just go ahead and release it on itch.io this Friday.




As for other publishing platforms, I'm looking into alternatives like Humble Store, Fakku, Nutaku, etc. But some of these seem to require some extra hoops or wait time that I will have to go through, so at least for this initial release the platforms will be only itch.io and dlsite. Itch.io accepts both paypal and card payment, and they don't hold your buying information (you don't even have to create an account to buy there) so hopefully it will be convenient for everyone.

Let me tell you, while development of the game itself is complete, publishing it has been a whole new experience. As an amateur who was researching about publishing, I think information about this topic is surprisingly scarce in the interwebs. I wonder if you would be interested in a post where I talk about this process? If you are please let me know and I'll plan a future post to go into more details about it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment